CAD Technician / Designer and Production Manager - GRW Engineers, Inc
Job Title: CAD Technician / Designer and Production Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington, KY, US
Apply URL: https://grwinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/511226.html
Join a leading design firm! GRW Engineers, Inc., an expanding, national, multi-disciplined firm listed in the ENR Top 500 has a career opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician/Designer and Production Manager supporting our Mechanical, Electrical and Structural Division in Lexington, KY. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining CAD standards throughout the division, as well as assuring compliance, and will assist project managers and engineers with the design and layout of mechanical, electrical and structural engineering design drawings. This position coordinates work flow and may assign, review and manage other CAD staff and projects. Additional duties include setting up drawing files for engineers and project managers, creating plot files for project shipments, maintaining the CAD standards library, troubleshooting and assisting other CAD users.
GRW offers a challenging work environment combining cutting-edge engineering with career development to keep personnel up to date with the latest technologies and advancements. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation could grow this career opportunity into a firm-wide position, working with lead CAD staff in other divisions and offices. This type of position does not become available often so if you are looking for a change or want to climb to the next level, apply today!
Required Education and Experience:
GRW offers a wide variety of engineering services for ourclients' infrastructure and building design projects. Our multidiscipline personnel function as a cohesive design team to create local and regional utility systems, energy-efficient building components, environmentally-sensitive site developments, and safe, modern transportation facilities. Utilizing our firm's vast resources, we are able to complete most projects with in-house resources and meet challenging schedules. GRW is one of the nation's leading full-service engineering, architecture and geospatial firms. GRW provides comprehensive technical resources for all types of infrastructure designs. Principals and associates specialists representing many disciplines work one-on-one with clients. Close, personal service is the hallmark of GRW's business philosophy. We invite you to apply to join our team!
- Vocational certificate or 2-year degree in Civil Technology
- 5+ years of progressive experience designing projects in a consulting engineering environment.
- Current AutoCAD and Revit expertise is essential. Training to familiarize the successful candidate with specific client requirements will be provided.
- Microstation and other CAD software knowledge is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with outstanding organizational and time management skills is crucial.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) / 3-D experience a plus.
- Surveying and/or construction experience a plus.
Apply at https://grwinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/511226.html