Chief Operating Officer (COO)
A Beverly Consulting client, an independently woman-owned office furniture and supply company (30 employees) in Lexington, KY, in business for more than 90 years, is seeking a dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO) for their organization. The Chief Operating Officer provides the strategic leadership, management and vision necessary to establish short and long term goals, strategies, plans, and policies to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization.
Leadership; Strategic Thinking; Business Acumen; Problem Solving/Analysis; Decision Making; Performance Management; Results Driven; Communications Proficiency; Financial Management
The successful candidate is expected to:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and at least 5 years in a senior management role required. Experience with distribution management in consumer goods fields is preferred and Business Office Supplies/Office Equipment experience is highly preferred. Candidates should also have demonstrated Operations experience in Financial Planning and Analysis with previous experience overseeing Human Resources, Sales, Customer Service, Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics, Purchasing, and Information
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service organization that mirrors the adopted mission
- and core values of the company
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives
- Measure effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provide timely, accurate and complete records on the operating condition of the company.
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designated to accommodate the growth objectives of the organization
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
Technology. He or she should be skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning; have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead, mentor and develop others; possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission; and demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems. DDMS experience preferred. $75 – 100K base plus good benefits package.
Interested applicants should send resume (MS Word Attachment) to email@example.com for consideration.