Compensation and Benefits Manager
A Beverly Consulting client in Central Kentucky is seeking a Compensation and Benefits Manager for their manufacturing facility. The primary function of this position will be to manage compensation and benefits for the company. The successful candidate will analyze compensation data within the organization and evaluate job positions to determine classification and salary; administer employee insurance, pension and savings plans; and work with insurance brokers and plan carriers to obtain competitive, cost effective benefits.
The person selected for this position will:
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent education; 5 years of progressive Human Resources experience in a benefits administration role; 3 years of HR leadership experience; 3 years of compensation experience; and experience working with publicly traded companies with executive compensation structures. Must also possess strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, detect trends, draw conclusions and formulate recommendations; experience designing, implementing and managing broad based compensation and benefit plans; and strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively
- Design, implement, and manage salary classification and compensation programs.
- Conduct analysis of compensation and benefits within company.
- Prepare detailed job descriptions, occupational classification systems, and job level and salary scales in partnership with other managers.
- Oversee competitive analysis, merit increases and salary structure.
- Create, implement, and manage annual merit/bonus planning process
- Analyze surveys to ensure appropriate compensation across all departments.
- Forecast budget for salary increases.
- Administer and manage employee insurance plans.
- Oversee pension and savings plans.
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers.
- Advise employees on state and federal employment regulations, collective agreements, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs.
- Plan, develop, and evaluate progressive, competitive, and proactive compensation and benefits programs that align with company strategy and business goals
- Recommend new plans or modifications to existing plans based on the company’s competitive position in the market
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Conduct internal and external analysis of compensation and benefits
- Advise employees on state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, personnel procedures and classification programs
- Manage the compliance, administration and record-keeping of all benefit plans /or cost savings to senior management
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the usage, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience, and competitive trends in benefit programs
- Conduct regular total compensation market analysis to update or confirm total compensation structure and market competitiveness for each position and function
communicate with diverse audiences.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to work individually as well as in a dynamic team environment; be familiar with ADP Payroll; have a positive and empathetic attitude and a sense of humor; and have the ability to handle highly confidential information; have robust customer service skills, be solution-oriented and diplomatic, and have strong time management and organizational skills. Must be open to light travel as needed. Salary $120K - $130K.
Interested applicants should send resume (MS Word Attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.