Controller/Business Operations Administrator - Schaefer General Contracting Services
Schaefer General Contracting Services, a general contracting company based in Louisville,
Kentucky, has been successfully satisfying clients for over 63 years. We pride ourselves on our
ability to build solid relationships by listening to our clients and assisting them in solving
problems. We offer a variety of services to a wide range of industries.
Schaefer is currently looking for a skilled Business Operations Administrator to maintain our
financial records, administer payroll and benefits, and manage contract administration.
Business Operations Administrator job duties encompass those of both accounting, human
resources, and office manager including: Creating and analyzing financial reports, Process
payroll, administer benefit plans, manage HR compliance for federal reporting, process
accounts payable and receivable, and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate
has a minimum of 10 years Finance/Accounting experience and is familiar with both the
Construction Industry and Computer Ease, our accounting software.
* Entering and Managing all day to day financial transactions and complete the posting
process including accounts receivables and payables
* Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer
ledger and general ledger
* Completing weekly payroll, maintaining payroll compliance and administer company
* Sole responsibility for monthly and annual closing, and tax forms and payments.
* Manage contract process and ensure consistency.
* Other general administration duties may apply.
* Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
* Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
* Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
* Hands-on experience completing payroll for a medium sized organization.
* Knowledge of Labor and HR laws.
* Proficiency in English and in MS Office.
* Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
* Ability to work well with others in a small office setting.
* High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field is
* Experience with the Construction industry and Computer Ease, our accounting software,
4716 Pinewood Road Louisville, Kentucky 40218 | 502.968.1864 | 502.968.0852 fax |