Director of Manufacturing Operations
Beverly Consulting client in beautiful south-central Kentucky is seeking a Director of Manufacturing Operations for their facility to assume responsibility for results in all Manufacturing, Engineering, Distribution, Production Scheduling and Receiving functions. This position will lead Production Team Members, Managers, and Senior Leadership across the organization in order to analyze, develop, and execute strategies in support of the company’s goals.
The Director of Manufacturing Operations is expected to achieve the following accountabilities while ensuring the highest regard to Safety, Quality, Productivity and Efficiency:
Candidates should have proven Leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with expertise in full Operations Management including experience in Production, Maintenance, Distribution, Quality Control, Production Scheduling; demonstrated leadership in driving change throughout an organization; strong background in Lean Manufacturing, with experience in leading initiatives and implementing principals into manufacturing processes; proven experience in planning and organizing work and processes, ability to direct multiple projects and meet deadlines; and financial acumen for planning and managing operations.
- Effectively engage, motivate, develop and manage leadership team and team members.
- Establish and maintain the company as a recognized, world class manufacturing facility.
- Effectively establish and maintain a culture of operations excellence, aligned with the company’s values.
- Optimize manufacturing and operations processes for safety, product quality, cost efficiency, and overall company profitability.
- Identify, coordinate, and execute Lean initiatives.
- Effective cross-disciplinary problem solving, project management and execution.
- Apply advanced manufacturing engineering leadership techniques, including Lean Manufacturing.
- Ensure effective relationships across the organization to leverage resources and motivate personnel to create and maintain a high performance culture.
- Align resources on prioritization and execution of projects and activities based on alignment with company goals and value they will deliver to the business.
- Drive the development and formulation of long and short term planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develop robust manufacturing plan to establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products confirm to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Direct and monitor direct reports to accomplishing goals of the manufacturing plan while working as a liaison throughout the organization.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, and reduce cost, scrap and rework.
- Initiate, direct and coordinate programs essential to manufacturing as required.
- Keep current on information and technologies affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
Successful candidates should also be driven and energetic; enjoy independent learning and team engagement; have strong experience in streamlining processes; take a hands-on approach to day-to-day activities; and understand fast-paced culture and fast-growing company. $95 – 110K.