Mechanical Engineer - GRW Engineers, Inc
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington, KY, US
Apply URL: https://grwinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/626687.html
Are you a motivated Mechanical Engineering graduate with a passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility? Join a leading design firm! GRW Engineers, Inc. is an expanding, national, multi-disciplined firm listed in the ENR Top 500 for the 44th consecutive year. GRW has a career opportunity available for a Mechanical Engineer at our Lexington, KY headquarters. GRW is a full-service engineering, architectural, and geospatial consulting firm. The company was founded in 1964 by Mr. G. Reynolds Watkins to provide engineering services to federal, state, municipal, and private industry clients. Since that time, GRW has grown to become a national design firm with offices in Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee and West Virginia. Watkins' insistence on technical excellence and personal service lives on as the guiding principle at GRW. This dedication to service has resulted in repeat clients providing 90 percent of GRW's current workload! Principals and associates representing many disciplines work one-on-one with clients. Close, personal service is the hallmark of GRW's business philosophy.
As a mechanical design engineer, you will work closely with architectural, electrical and structural department colleagues on various projects. GRW offers a wide variety of engineering services for our clients' infrastructure and building design needs. Our multidiscipline personnel function as a cohesive design team to create local and regional utility systems, energy-efficient building components, environmentally-sensitive site developments, and safe, modern transportation facilities. GRW provides comprehensive technical resources for all types of infrastructure designs. GRW's assignments range in scope from planning studies to projects with construction costs in excess of $180 million. GRW's teams have designed projects ranging from a few thousand square feet to campuses with gross building area over 600,000 SF. Experienced and accomplished in their own fields, GRW's mechanical, electrical and structural engineers are an integral part of our projects. These multidisciplinary design team members apply their expertise to deliver a project that is structurally sound, mechanically complete from heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), to plumbing and fire protection, and electrically prepared to handle
the project's needs. Because of our in-house team, GRW has capability to successfully plan, design and deliver large, complex projects, as easily as smaller projects. In addition, these professionals support our water resources engineers by providing expertise with the code specific mechanical, electrical, and structural systems design of wastewater and water facilities.
GRW offers a challenging work environment combining the latest in engineering concepts with career development to keep personnel up to date with the latest technologies and advancements. Under the direction and guidance of experienced professional engineers, you will learn to design mechanical systems required for various structures. Duties will include performing basic project design and making calculations using engineering formulas and skills for designs such as heating and cooling loads and equipment sizing to meet project specifications and industry standards plus layout of ductwork and piping systems based on schematic layouts. The engineer will understand and research appropriate codes for design compliance and develop a working knowledge of special design circumstances with which to size and design mechanical systems. Your personal capabilities, interest, aptitude, and motivation will determine your professional growth.
GRW is seeking the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- 0-2 years' experience designing mechanical building systems in a consulting environment
- Basic knowledge of mechanical system design including plumbing, fire protection, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and
- temperature controls Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Revit
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with team members and other disciplines
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail Excellent time management skills
- Ability to plan project resources, maintain schedules and stay within budget
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Desire, motivation and ability to exceed the firm's and clients' expectations
- Dedication and willingness to continue professional growth
- We are looking for individuals eager to develop their technical skills and work on teams with other dedicated employees to complete the projects our clients need. Hiring the most qualified employees is important to us and the success of our company.
When you join GRW you'll be working for an award-winning, full-service design consulting firm with a history of more than 50 years serving our regional, national, and occasionally international clients. Our objective is simple. We value our employees and take pride in providing them with the proper resources and tools to help them achieve professional excellence.
This type of opportunity does not become available often! We invite you to apply to join our team!
Apply at https://grwinc.applicantpro.com/jobs/626687.html