A Beverly Consulting client, a small manufacturer located in Lexington, is seeking a Production Supervisor with demonstrated leadership and organizational efficiency expertise to supervise the activities of the production operation (10+/- employees) under the direction of the President / Owner of the company. Ideal candidates should be energetic and self-motivated with the desire to lead and mentor others. This is a key position in this growing organization and candidates should have a passion for producing great products, and developing great people.
Other skills required include: ability to effectively communicate to all levels of employees, customers and vendors, excellent interpersonal skills and coaching skills, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, effective organizational skills and communication skills, strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy, good stress management and time management skills, and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must be willing to, and understand the importance of, following procedures and ensuring that the team follows procedures and processes. Must be aware of time constraints - our client has 100,000 finished products (comprised of 1.2m parts) that go out the door each year so ideal candidate will be someone who can juggle all the pieces (managing inventory, production, and high volume shipping) and plan accordingly to allow for producing and shipping on time. MUST ENJOY WORKING IN A VERY SMALL COMPANY and desire to help a company grow and improve.
Specifically, the person selected for this position will:
- Prepare, execute and supervise all production operations such as processing, assembly and shipping to meet order fulfillment requirements and to ensure that company standards and quality are maintained.
- Set production schedules.
- Possess strong communication and problem-solving skills to make sure that manufacturing processes run smoothly and that workers are kept safe at all times.
- Make sure that daily quotas are met by keeping workers on task and informed of procedural changes.
- Hire and train new workers.
- Serve as first point of contact whenever workers have suggestions or concerns.
- Ensure effective employee relations and communicating areas of concern or improvement to upper management.
- Manage labor by tracking absenteeism and time-keeping; evaluate employees on a consistent basis.
- Implement quality control policies and standards for all processes and products.
- Lead/develop EWT Lean Six Sigma initiatives; implement and maintain Raw Good Order flow.
- Design and manage detailed product quality checklists and monitor items as they are constructed by performing personal inspections or overseeing a group of quality-control workers.
- Ensure routine preventive, regular maintenance and inspections on manufacturing equipment, scheduling important and regular inspections on equipment to make sure that machines are clean, safe, and running efficiently.
- Determine the need for new machinery and order replacement parts when necessary.
- Participate in budgetary processes; work with vendors for pricing and Quality control.
Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Industrial Technology or related field preferred in addition to experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Candidates must also have demonstrated supervisory experience (minimum 2 years) and working knowledge of accounting principles, inventory management, quality control, effective processes. MS Office and computer proficiency required.
Some travel may be required. Great opportunity for the right candidate!!! Salary $45 - $65k.
Interested applicants should send resume (MS Word Attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.