Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· You will be supported with office leads, but will need to Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities. You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle; lead to close.
· Strong business acumen and judgment for identifying, evaluating, developing, and closing sales opportunities.
· Develop high-performance teams through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
· Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Departments to secure new work for the business unit.
· Ability to prioritize, manage your time efficiently, and focus on execution.
· Excellent communication, negotiation and closing skills.
· Manage and lead multiple projects simultaneously from preconstruction through closeout.
· Oversee the development of the master project schedule and manage its implementation.
· Provide oversight for budget and financial management for all projects.
· Support and drive utilization of various Calhoun initiatives and technologies.
· Oversee the administration of the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
· Research and analyze key economic factors that may influence market activity within specific niche markets or geographic areas.
· Attend trade shows and other associations’ meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
· Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the Calhoun Construction management team.
· Develop, manage and execute your sales plan.
· Coordinate and manage the sales/proposal process with Calhoun Construction’s marketing, estimator, project manager and senior management team.
· Timely and accurately completes weekly sales reports and provides information as needed for backlog and sales projections.
· Visits job sites as required.
· Assists in ensuring safe working practices and a safe working environment.