Project Manager - Calhoun Construction Services
Calhoun Construction Services, Inc. is a growing commercial general contractor located in Louisville, KY. Calhoun is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Project Manager. Qualified candidates will possess experience in managing all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
If you would like to be part of our team and earn competitive industry pay you must have the following qualifications to be considered for the position:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area of study
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience and/or training
- LEED AP preferred, but not required
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills at an intermediate level; knowledge of Viewpoint is a plus
- Knowledge of construction processes and terminology
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Detail orientation sufficient to organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Possess basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Strong teamwork orientation, initiative, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills
- Proven positive and professional attitude and customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills; both internal and external
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement the pre-construction quality plan
- Facilitates project meetings.
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits
- Work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
- Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Coordinate the packaging, manage, track, review and processing of submittals
- Set up submittal register in accordance with project specifications
- Obtain the customer/architect’s approval for field changes
- Coordinate the packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers,
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
- Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in the procedures for revising or updating contract documents
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
- Must maintain an extremely professional working relationship with clients, subcontractors, and peers
- Other duties as assigned
Calhoun Construction is proud to offer you-
- Health Insurance- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Life Insurance / AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Long Term Disability
To apply please send an email including your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at Calhoun Construction, 2408 Plantside Drive, Louisville, KY 40299.
See more at: www.calhounconstructs.com