Project Manager, Construction
Corbett Construction Co., Inc., which specializes in interior renovation and commercial construction, has an opening for a Project Manager. Competitive pay and benefits.
Depends on experience
The project manager plans, directs, coordinates usually through estimator and superintendent, activities concerned with the construction projects. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation through the superintendent and estimator.
Monitor and control project throughadministrative direction.
Responsibilities include--planning, developing and supervising all cost and scheduling functions for projects; ensure that all project control activities comply with company standards and contractual requirements; evaluate schedule risks; provide mitigation strategy; review change requests and impact on schedule and cost; develop project cost reports; monitor changes in budget. Safety security; process submittals; preconstruction services; monitor fiscal, administrative and procurement; implement cost controls; schedule control; communications with project management; risk assessment; contingency planning; subcontractor plan approvals; permits; quality controls; knowledge of contract and subcontracts; monthly status reports; labor relations; project completion report.
1. Communication Proficiency.
3. Mathematical Skills.
4. Project Management.
5. Teamwork Orientation.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a salaried exempt full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Local travel is expected for this position.
- Proven working experience in construction management.
- Knowledge of construction processes, means & methods.
- Understanding all facets of the construction process.
- Familiarity with construction management software.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture.”
- Competent in conflict and crisis management.
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- 10+ years of commercial construction experience required with a minimum of 5 years as a Construction
- Project/Manager Superintendent with valid references.
- Must have Commercial Construction, Industrial, Retail and Office experience.
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, surveying estimating and engineering principals and techniques, as well as accounting principals required.
- Must be familiar with various project delivery methods, construction methods and materials, their characteristics, installation procedures and tolerances.
- Strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite.
- Minimum 10 hour OSHA certification is required.
- LEED AP Certification and LEED
- Project experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project.