Job Description for Sales Application Engineer
The primary objective of this position is to serve in a comprehensive technical support and application engineering role, under the direction of the Vice President of Sales. The Application Engineer works directly with the outside sales team presale on designs, proposal generation, and job costing. The Application Engineer also acts as the Project Manager’s resident technical expert post sale. The Application Engineer supports projects throughout their life cycle to prevent a loss of knowledge in project transition from pre-sale to post sale. The Application Engineer will leverage operational efficiencies and process synergies to ensure consistency in the family of brands AEC represents. The successful candidate will demonstrate abilities and experience with collaborative team-based customer service and team-based processing of technical information.
Description of Principle Duties:
Assist in developing improvements and perform duties with a consistent approach in areas such as:
- Selection of equipment based on engineering performance requirements
- Compiling and communicating product updates and improvements
- Technical resource for troubleshooting and managing project issues
- Pricing procedures and schedules for catalog items
- Proposal development
- Support Admin Team with job file management (Keeping Opportunity & Order Folders on SharePoint Organized)
- Conversion of Opportunity to Order
- Submittal generation and resubmittal as required
- Ordering equipment following procedure
- Review order acknowledgements and confirm accuracy and compliance
- Populating appropriate fields in CRM as information become available
- Support Project Manager with Contract closeout
- Participate in quarterly 1-on-1 meetings with the VP of Sales to review performance and discuss any issues
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical or Engineering bachelor’s degree required. Preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Experience in the HVAC field is a plus.
- Education and experience with the construction and engineering industry, with specific experience in dealing with construction drawings, specifications, construction schedule and processes is a plus.
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentational communication skills
- Must have the ability to switch quickly between tasks based on priority and timeline
- Works well within a team dynamic to ensure timely execution of tasks
To Apply: Email Luke Powell, Vice President @ Luke@aecky.com